Monday, October 9, 2017

How much fruit does it take to make 5 gallons of wine?

Someone asked me "How much fruit does it take to make a gallon of wine"


I have always used 30 pounds of grapes to make 5 gallons of wine and it always turns out great. So it would take 6 pounds per gallon. I have been making homemade wine for the last 10 years. I wrote a book about it available on Amazon, "Insider Wine Making Secrets", In the book I have an email address dedicated to answering question about wine making that I answer myself. I make 100's of  gallons every year. I also have a Muscadine grape vineyard and sell the grapes I don't use to other wine makers. Here are the links to the book and to my blog:

https://www.createspace.com/5769054 Paperback Version - Insider Wine Making Secrets

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0159R6AKW Kindle/Computer Version - Insider Wine Making Secrets

joesnowwinemaker.blogspot.com - Joe Snow, Winemaker
Joe Snow, Winemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Decade in the Making: From Sentiment to Passion

I started out making home-made wine to carry on a tradition my dad started with his friend years ago. In my book, I talk about a sentime...